Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Round 2

Here are the pages I submitted today/yesterday (Tuesday) for the final round of Scrapbooking Olympics...




Turning these in turned out to be a bit wild and crazy. While in the store about to check out we hear screaching tires a couple bangs and then a LOUD metal crunching bang....and then the power went out. I threw my purse back onto the cart with mom and took off running out the door. Just a short ways past the small shopping center was a truck smashed head-on into a power pole. Me...being all new grady nurse like 'n stuff...ran up there to help out. There was already a guy on scene who apparently was an off-duty fireman who was trying to stabalize the guy's neck in case of spinal injury. The guy was conscious and breathing and could move his arms and legs so I felt pretty useless at this point. Once the on-duty firemen arrived I was more than ready to step back. And my thanks for trying to be a good sam...hacking up a lung and nearly puking my brains out on the side of the road....all thanks to the ever wonderful airbag powder that I inhaled while trying to help keep the guy stable and calm.
More exciting news to follow...when I remember to take a picture I need. :o)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

LUCKY! That's like 100 x's better than just being a nosey "Lookey Lou"!! I totally want more details though! Was the "bang bang" like a gun? I mean hello?! Don't leave a girl hangin'! A

Anyway, super cute pages! I love the way the one of Layna turned out. Very simple but so pretty! I like the ones of my boys too! Especially the one of Trenton. Can't wait to hear if you win! Wouldn't that rock?! Two weeks in a row!? Is that possible?!

Leslie said...

Very Cute!!

Tanya said...

The bang banging turned out to be the initial impacts of the guy hitting at least 4 cars before stopping himself on the pole. Fortunately it appeared nobody else was injured.