Monday, February 23, 2009

Been a while...

Yes, I realize it's been a LONG while but it's ok, I'm here now. :o) So...happy exciting news...I FINALLY submitted my passport application on Feb 4th, and to my great astonishment, I received my passport just 10 days later! And in other great news...I filed taxes today! Between Federal and State I'll be getting enough back to pay for the cruise I have in mind!!! What cruise is that you may ask?? Well...it's a 7 night Southern Caribbean cruise leaving from Puerto Rico and visiting St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, and St. Kitts. I'M SOOOO STOKED!! Now I'm just hoping to have at least one person be able to join me on this adventure!

What else have I been up to in my absence from blogland...
Work...we finally hit our busy season about a month ago so I've started putting in extra hours of sucking out baby boogies and otherwise saving lives.
Working out...I'm still going to the gym (although not as regularly as I need to), but generally at least twice a week. I'm down about 12 lbs or so. It's not much, but I can feel the difference already. AND...the comments/compliments I get from friends feels great too!
Expanding my social life...I've actually gone hiking TWICE, can you believe it? TWICE in the last couple weeks. On the 14th I hiked Hieroglyphic Springs on the south end of the Superstition Mtn
Sorry, I didn't actually take any pics of the hieroglyphs or the springs...I was too busy chattin it up with some new peeps.
This last Saturday, I hiked the north side of the Superstitions to The Massacre Grounds.


I haven't been hiking in like, THE LONGEST TIME, so even though these weren't long hikes or even considered very difficult, it was still an accomplishment for me!

Well folks, I think that's about it for now.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

congrats on the 12lbs!!

Sarah said...

I'll come with you! Er, maybe you were hoping for a male companion...

Way to go on the 12lbs! Keep it up!

Jill said...

Hey there!! Just making the rounds and making comments - looks like I'm not the only one too busy to blog lately!!